Sunday, July 08, 2012

Munni's Story (Love)

              While Basanti’s love story with Viru was the more flamboyant and popular; no one noticed my love story. The untold saga of true love. Of sacrifice and Pain. People clapped and whistled when Basanti and Viru had romantic sequences. No one noticed the poignant and graceful love story of mine.


               I had lost my husband and family in the attack that Gabbar Singh made. They were treacherously murdered, keeping only one person alive in my whole family. The person who was left alive was of no use to me, as I was forced to do all the household works. Life for a widow in Ramgarh was very difficult. There were so many goons in the village.


                But as soon as I saw my love, when Gabbar Singh was in action, I had to fall for him. He was so handsome. But my family values won’t let my feelings to come out. So I had to remain quiet regarding this. During late nights, he used to check me out and mutely appreciate my beauty and figure. He didn’t speak much. His style of holding the gun when he fought bravely made me realise his manliness.


               He was the one whose voice would resonate once he said something to Gabbar in his manly tone. Now we are happy to live in a family. Though he is old now and keeps French beard, I still love him the same.

               It was after Gabbar’s death, I managed to marry Samba. Now, Basanti is proud to have a mausaji. Samba does all household works now and protects me from the lusty eyes of the villagers, even Thakur. I am Munni Mausi. And this is my true story.

13 comments:

  1. Another blast from you.... U break all limits of creativity, every time u write ..........:) Keep writing and keep inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hats off, Mr. Twister, i mean, Aakash. Who cud guess it wz Munni mausi?! And i like your leaving space for people to imagine somebody else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Souvick. Enjoy the ride. But always wear a helmet :)

      Do read my novel too.

      Delete
  3. LOL Id be one of the first readers of your novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Vanshja.Hope you like my book too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sayantan.Keep Reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha :) Wat a funny ending man.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sahe ja rahe ho bhai...........!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Himani, Vishal and Umesh.

    Hope you like the book too.

    ReplyDelete