Sunday, September 01, 2013

It broke my heart

Some love stories are great. Some are not so great. Like the ones we see blooming at a local park, or restaurant. Yet, they have their own charm. I love hearing these stories. From real people, of course. So, I was on the bus the other evening and it was fairly empty. I noticed a young boy, probably on the greener side of his twenties, sitting at the last seat and engrossed in texting someone. 

I went and sat beside him. You must know at this point of time, that I am a very curious person. I tried to peek into his giant mobile touch screen. A chatting app showed he was online and was chatting to someone whom he had already sent some dozens of e-kisses. Wet ones, he wrote, describing them.

He looked up from his screen and and noticed me staring at it. I flashed an awkward caught-in-the-act smile.

"You are in love, it seems." I uttered. Like a dork.

"Yes. And it is indeed, magical." He smiled and blushed. I smiled too. He went into flashback.

"I met Tara at a local restaurant. We had come with our respective friends and got along somehow; and thank god for that! I just love this feeling you know - being in love."

I had to nod and smile meekly. You wouldn't like to get beaten up in a lonely bus.

I imagined Tara. And the boy, Vilaas. Although, Tara, in my imagination was far hotter than Vilaas, I must confess.

He further told me, "You know how careless I am with these cute little habits. I generally don't, rather, can't remember dates. Tara always does remember everything - our first kiss, our first fight, our first date, our first anniversary. Everything about us." He smiled and his face beamed with joy.

Obviously, a girl is too good as far as remembering dates are concerned. I thought. However, I smiled and nodded to appreciate Tara.

His phone rang suddenly and he talked aside, whispering sweet nothings punctuated with kisses over the phone and lots of mushy "Baby, Darling, Sweetie" stuff.

In the mean time, the bus stopped at the last stop. I got down. Vilaas followed me. Vilaas moved ahead. I followed. From nowhere, a guy appeared, held him from behind and kissed him.

I was shocked. The hero was gay. And happy.

IT BROKE MY HEART.

I decided I would not let Tara, who by now was a heroine for me, to suffer at the hands of a gay. I confronted Vilaas directly and hit a hard punch. Vilaas and his boyfriend were equally shocked.

"How can you do this to Tara? What will she feel if she gets to know that you, of all people, are...gay?" I shook my head angrily as I spoke.

His boyfriend nodded his head too, probably with shame. Or disgust.

Then he forwarded his hand to me, "Hi! I am Tara Singh."

2 comments: