Friday, September 27, 2013

The Interview That Never Happened : TWO

Hello! Today is Friday and you get to read yet another blog from me. In case you are new, I make a new post every Friday. So how was the week, guys and gals? Nothing special? If there was anything worth telling, do write it in the comments section.

So, the last Friday, I was at the Junction Mall in Durgapur, watching the Finale of the Jam 3.0, a rock band competition, where an amazing band that should have won, won. Anyways, the judge and guest band for the night, Lakhhichara, performed at the end.

I don't have anything against their music, if at all it is theirs. I say this because they blatantly copied Riffs from AC-DC (two of the four songs I saw) and that was beyond giving them further of my time. Shit. Of course, I hate them now and will not see their show in the future. This is my opinion. But I know no music, nor any song.

 However, I saw "The Conjuring". It was a good horror movie, one of the best, certainly. It doesn't thrill you with cheap tricks. What it does is it creates an air of darkness around you with a hint of gloom. I would recommend that you see it.

Also, I learnt that Comedy Night's set caught a major fire. I feel sad for Kapil. He has definitely brought the Indian Middle Class Family together in front of the television. Without any trace of embarrassment, that the other shows or ads cause. You know what I mean.

Today, many of my friends are appearing for the Indian Navy Campus Drive at my college campus. I wish that they get through. I knew I won't be the right person for the job. So, chuck it. There are other ways to serve your country, if at all. 

I find myself as a misfit in the software field. But, this is what I wanted to do from my childhood. Develop Hi-tech prostheses. Do experiments that no one could think of. Develop interactive multimedia related products. Etcetra. Now, that I have been studying Computer Science for three and a half years at college, I realized that most of the guys who have such dreams do nothing but data entry, PowerPoint presentations and Copying and Pasting codes.

Whatever, I would have been more of a misfit if I had pursued other branches of Engineering because I suck at Physics. Since the old stone age. So I chose a bruise instead of a wound, whatever that means. 

Over the years, I have learned a few very basic things. One of them is to sell anything, anything that is, you need to have a good packaging. My friends will agree that the books that they receive at giveaways are best given away.

There has been an exponential rise in the number of people who are trying to be different, so different that I consider myself too mainstream. A day will come when being mainstream will be the new different. I will wait for the day. Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment