Friday, September 20, 2013

The Interview that never happened : ONE

Follow this blog every FRIDAY.

Here is a little something. I have spoken at several interviews. Like reading from a teleprompter. That doesn't help. I will tell you why: Because that is not the truth. The responses during an interview, I feel, are temporary beliefs that evaporate in no time. Therefore, I have decided that I will answer all the questions that my readers ask me, and the things that they want to know with utmost sincerity and honesty. Will that do? That should, perhaps. Not only that I will also share some of my writings here. Basically I will write a blog every Friday from now on. I will try to.


     

     I may not be the Best. But, I am certainly not like the Rest.


That was on my last birthday. Damn!


Before I begin. Let me tell you: this may be boring to you. I am going to share some things that matter to me. Or concern me as a person. Or an artist. I don't bother about cynical people. And the things they have to say. This, my friend, is my blog. And I will use it only for myself. Enough of warnings.


At twenty years, when my friends are badly wanting to settle down with a lucrative career in software, I am trying to do what I want to. That doesn't mean that I don't want a job. I want a job. Firsthand. This is India. Here, dreams come at a price. Well, I never wanted to study Engineering. Everyone says that. I don't know what I wanted at that particular time. As a matter of fact, I didn't want to study anything at all. Haha.

I still don't know. That's the truth. I am a very complicated person and I have been trying to figure out who or what I am.

What is the reason for starting this series of blogs? Simple. I am basically occupied with a lot of work and I don't play computer games. I need to get myself refreshed. I do what I am good at - writing. Playing Guitar. And several other things.

Well I find interest in too many things. That's my strength. And weakness. Strength: because I seldom get bored; even when alone. Weakness: because I don't have many friends in life. Long term friends, that is. Basically, I am an introvert. I don't talk to strangers. I am not comfortable with a crowd of people. I am not comfortable with liars. I am not able to make choice when it comes to people. Too many problems, I have.

That was a brief intro. You will come to know more about me in the following posts. Now, let me answer some basic questions that I am asked.

Q: Why did you write "Those Days..."?


A: I really don't know. I read a few pages of a really badly written book. I thought I could write better than that. I did. Also, I had written the book about three and a half years back, I think. I was very bored after my Intermediate exams and my friends had told me a lot of things about the place I was in. I thought that could make a novel. And it did.

Q: Is it your story?
A: Come on. NO. It is not mine. Basically, I like to tell stories across to people. My stories sell in the form of books. To tell my story will be to sell myself, which is very derogatory. I do not have any disrespect for others who are writing their books on their own life. But I don't want to write a book about myself as a fictional character. Do you get it? If ever I write my story, it will be an autobiography.

Q: Why do we choose you over other authors?
A: First, don't choose me over other authors. I don't compare myself to any author/person. I don't claim to be a literary bug. I don't know much of Literature. I want to learn, though. You can buy my books if you want to. There is no obligation, or force. Second, I try to write from a certain Point of View that you will be, I believe, able to relate yourself to. Third, You will enjoy my book. Probably.

Enough for today. I would like to thank Myself for the time. Meet you next Friday with the next edition of "The Interview that never happened."

Till then read my book. Haha.

You can also drop me your questions in my Inbox or the Comment section of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment